Skip to main content

Tuesday Tip: Save your resume and other documents to "the cloud"


     I had an incident where I was on my laptop (actually on my lap), my USB flash drive in, and my laptop tumbled over while I was applying to jobs. The flash drive was damaged. This happened maybe the first few weeks after I moved to Texas. Although, I learned long ago, to email myself a resume but the one I had saved wasn't an up-to-date one. I ended up going back to one of the jobs I previously applied for, opened my profile, and saved my resume from there. Well, that was one, I have a few different types of resumes and for different positions.
      I have also spoken to clients and they said they lost their USB drive or don't have their resume/cover letter/references, saved. I researched a list to share. Free and not free!

Free

  • Email your resume to yourself and always email an updated one. You never know who you will talk to and they say, email me your resume. Stay ready, be job ready!
  • Dropbox. This can be linked to your email as well. More applicant tracking systems can pull from this as well.
  • Google Drive. More applicant tracking systems can pull from this as well.
  • Microsoft One Drive. You can also link apps to your cellphone, dropbox, and Google Drive too
  • iCloud for Apple users
Not Free 🤔
  • Evernote
  • Skydrive
  • Bitcase, has infinite storage
  • Box
  • Amazon Drive
I would only use these if you have a ton of documents to access frequently. Other than that, the free storage ones usually come with more storage than I can save documents to. For instance, Dropbox for me is 2 GB and I haven't used a quarter of that yet. 

What cloud storage do you use?

Comments