Skip to main content

Hopeful....

I have never visited Texas a day in my life before I moved here. The day I arrived was the first time I have ever been to Texas. Dallas is BIG! I made a huge leap of faith to move to somewhere I never been. Prior to making this decision I did my research on the area, jobs, housing, economy, employment statistics, asked around, etc. I thought about other states like California, Kentucky but I kept getting rerouted to Texas. The job market was booming and still is. I wanted to do better for my son and I. When I moved I packed everything in my car and shipped 2 boxes. Before I left, I sold and gave away everything in our apartment. I couldn't take all my clothes and shoes. My mother told me "just make sure you have one good interview outfit" and shoes. That's just what I did.

With this leap of faith I became hopeful and had to prove to myself, I can do this. The job search was a bumpy unexpected turnout. No doubt, I had job interviews lined up. I used my GPS to get everywhere. Interview after interview after interview. Times I just knew I had that job afterwards but only to be turned down. Some lead to more interviews, tests and that dreadful, "thank you but not thank you" email from recruiters. There were times I cried, I wanted to give up but I had to keep going. I am a fighter.

People are generally "WOWED" at that first part. But that's not all. We also stayed in extended stay hotels for about a month and a half. I cried so much at night. Times I didn't have enough gas and I was afraid to ask for help (I initially asked my Dad and or my Mother). The toughest thing I had to endure was to watch my son adjust to a new state, new school, and make new friends. (No worries, he loves it here and is well adjusted too). When I finally got a job the background check took a month (out of state background checks sometimes take longer). We still perused neighborhoods looking at places to that we thought we could live. When I got my first check we moved. Once we moved, we didn't have any furniture. My car was broken in to. The rental car got towed. I remember us saying, I can't wait until we get this or we get that. We accomplished all we set out to do as a family. Yet we remained hopeful.

Remain hopeful for what is to come. Through all of that I can only say God still provided all our basic needs and still do. Never have I had to beg for bread. It was tough bumpy road to finally adjust to Dallas, Texas but never did I say it was easy.

This is just a part of my testimony. If you can make it through the rough parts, it will definitely increase your faith and make you stronger. Stay prayed up, hopeful and faithful.
#JustAgirlFromDetroit

Who else relocated?

Comments