Skip to main content

Write the vision

For myself, writing lists of goals help me to manage and achieve them more realistically. Every year I write a list of goals and objectives. Throughout the year I cross off what I've achieved. If there is a few items on the list, they may end up on next years list. Then I self examine to see why that goal was not reached. What happened? My list is composed of things I want to do, things I want to get (usually big ticket items), upgrades, and ideas.

This is what I think the definition of goals and objectives are to me. Goals are things or something that you focus on that is realistic and attainable. Goals are positive production toward a better future. Goals maybe individualized or involve others like family, coworkers, etc. They can be big, small, long term or short term. Sometimes you have to reset your goals. Objectives are about the process you will do to obtain those goals. The what, who, when, where, how, most importantly why.

What about career exploration goals and objectives??? I had a conversation with my coworker a few weeks ago about her list of career explorations. Basically, these are things she wants to do as an entrepreneur. She told me that she wrote everything down that she has ever had an interest in. Know what else she is doing? Researching it all. From Google searches, YouTube videos to articles on the experts. I thought that was a great idea and strategy. Actually putting action to your list.

Another idea is write down what you are passionate about. How can you use what you are passionate about to help others? Are you really good at something like teaching, braiding hair, writing short stories, outdoor work, building things, putting stuff together, managing? How can you utilize your skills to get you to where you are going?

You choose what you commit to!

Use what you have so that you can get to where you're going

#JustAgirlFromDetroit

Comments